This Garhwali style Kafuli recipe dish is for all the diet-conscious people out there. It’s nutritious and flavourful at the same time. kafuli is a dish every person in Uttarakhand is a fan of. It is basically primarily prepared with Spinach and fenugreek leaves. This exotic dish is prepared in an iron kadhai and complemented by hot steaming rice. It is the most nourishing and health-conscious dish you will come across in Uttarakhand.
must read :- 15 mouth watering Garhwali dishes you must try.
Originated in Uttarakhand, Kafuli is one of the most popular and most loved Pahari dishes which is loved by all age groups. This Uttarakhand style kafuli recipe is easy-to-make using spinach, fenugreek leaves, garlic, ginger, etc.
Kafuli is commonly served as dish and which tastes best with chapati or steamed plain rice. This tasty recipe is ideal for special occasions like a kitty party, and get together. Make this garhwali style Kafuli for your loved ones and impress them with your amazing culinary skills. Relish the rich flavors of Kafuli with your loved ones!
- kadhai and mixer grinder
- 1 cup fenugreek leaves (methi)
- 2 cups Spinach (palak )
- 1 inch Ginger (finely chopped )
- 2-3 no green chilies (finely chopped )
- 1 tsp cumin powder ( jeera powder )
- 1/2 tsp turmeric powder (Haldi powder)
- 1 tsp Coriender powder (Dhaniya Powder)
- 1 Pinch asfoetida ( heeng)
- 1 tbsp Rice flour
- 1/4 cup curd (dahi)
- to taste salt
- refined oil
- To start with this Uttaranchal Style Kafuli Recipe,firstly yo need to wash the spinach leaves and fenugreek leaves and chop them. you can roughly chop them, as we will make a paste of them later
- now put these leaves in a pressure cooker with the green chilli, salt and little bit of water and pressure cook for about 2 whistle or till done.
- now what you need to do is let the leaves cool and once they reache room temprature grind it into a very fine and smooth paste.
- Now add refined oil to the kadhaai and heat it. now add ginger and wait till it softens. now add the spinach paste we made and keep stirring it continuously.
- now you need to add, the dry spices and rice folur with some water and stir the kafuli well so that it forms a gravy like tecture.
- now you need to add in the beaten curd and keep stirrin it it guntil the gravy thickens. Check for seasoning and garnish it with gnger. and some butter.
- this Uttaranchal Style Garwhali Kafuli Recipe goes best along with a Baby corn and gazar ki ki Subzi and Missi Roti by the side to make it a complete meal.
chef’s note :-
when you wash the palak leaves and the fenugreek leaves make sure you use fresh leaves and wash it properly in a deep container where the sediments settle down. If not washed properly it can lead to sand in your mouth.
If you love this Uttarakhand Garhwali style Kafuli recipe don’t forget to review it and share it with your family and friends so that they can also enjoy this too.